Pages

Sounds of Spring at RSPB Lodmoor - 1st May

Next Guided Walk - Sounds of Spring - 1st May

I don't think there is any better sound than a dawn chorus in early May, seemingly every bird battling it out, singing at the top of their lungs filling the air with a sweet sound of spring. Yet what are they all? It can be difficult at times separating Reed from Sedge Warbler, or Blackcap from Garden Warbler. Join me for an early morning walk around Lodmoor RSPB/Lorton Country Park where I can help you separate those troublesome songsters. Last May I spent lots of early mornings at Lodmoor and recorded 8-9 Species of Warbler every morning, a Nightingale was also present too! not only that, I also had great views of Bearded Tits, Little Ringed Plover and Common Terns! Join me for the best 1st of May you've had in years, you never know what me might record!






Willow, Reed, Garden and Cetti's Warbler all present in spring at Lodmoor

We'll meet at 7am in the Beach Carpark where there is a pay and display charge SY687809, from here we can head straight on to the reserve for a 2 hour looped walk at a very leisurely pace, taking in all the sounds that fill the air and try to locate where there coming from so we can put a face to the song. 

The cost of the walk will be £6 and limited to 14 places, the terrain is nice an flat and suitable for outdoor shoes.

To book on you can email me at Jstockwell20@gmail.com, Direct Message me on Twitter @Joe_stockwell or call 07787362089