First day away from the RSPB

Yesterday wasn't sad, it was a lot of fun and great to say goodbye to the people I've made friends with at the RSPB since last June, last night was very good too, though I woke this morning with a very bad head and a mouth like the Gobi Desert! I did eventually drag myself out for a session around the local patch, a small arrival of birds was noted almost immediately as Chiffchaff song filled the air and at least 30 birds were seen between home and Pirates Cove, Smallmouth seemed to be a little landing stage for birds coming from the Chesil with a few more Chiffchaff and 2 Willow Warblers pitching in, my first of the year. A Sanderling, also my first of the year was a Ferrybridge, Sandwich Terns, Swallows and lots of Meadow Pipits were seen too! You could be joining me soon, you never know what we might see!





All photos © Joe Stockwell