2 weeks pass and all you get is a Weekend that was!

Apologies for my lack of posting just recently, I fear sometimes that the urge to blog is like some peoples attitude to work, you know you could but your just too bone idle, and it gets on peoples nerves.

I've been sat on snippets of this post for about a week now, never quite having enough interesting pictures to go with the egotistical "I did this, I did that" Fortunately though having just had a pretty busy weekend - not much birding involved, a little bit of mothing, a large amount of drinking, there's some pretty pictures to go with this one, though not the one of me half cut in a bar! Friday's journey home was somewhat eventful, the usual 90 minute drive took nearly double that, although the entertainment derived from impatient idiots whilst stuck in traffic kept the spirits up! When at home I don't normally get too much chance to go birding, mainly due to the large amount of socializing involved, because I'm always up a long time before anyone else I run a moth trap, this weekend was no different and notched up 10 ticks including Maple Prominent which turned out to be a tick for everyone here too! A rather nice array of Micros were caught to including this rather brilliantly named Firethorn Leaf Miner... 


Driving home on Monday morning was not the best trip, an enormous hangover coupled with lots of traffic I decided to head down to Pennington for the Long-billed Dowicher that has taken up temporary residence. It showed really nicely upon arrival with 2 Knot, Lots of Dunlin, Ringed Plover, Black-tailed Godwit (inc 1 Continental bird) and a few Redshank. Also of note in the area was LRP, Gropper, Grey Plover, Yellow Wagtail, Common Sandpiper and a few Clouded Yellow butterfly. Back at the obs this morning good numbers of Yellow Wagtail and Tree Pipits flew over, also a Tree Pipit and Pied Fly were trapped.

 Pied Flycatcher

Tree Pipit
Long-billed Dowicher with Mallard and Knot